With prostatitis, an inflammatory process occurs in the area of the prostate gland. This is one of the most common urological diseases. The causes of prostatitis in men are varied.
What is prostatitis?
The disease is accompanied by a violation of urination. Quite often, a man has a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
The main causes of acute bacterial prostatitis are infections that:
- transmitted during intimacy (ureaplasmosis, chlamydia).
- penetrate the urethra from the rectal area (Klebsiella infection, Pseudomonas aeruginosa).
If the prostate gland becomes inflamed, a man's emotional state can quickly deteriorate. In this case, the libido weakens.
Deterioration of the nervous system can be characterized by the following symptoms:
- mood swings;
- Sleep disorder;
- increased irritability.
Where does prostatitis in patients come from?
It is worth explaining what causes acute or chronic prostatitis in men. The likelihood of developing the disease increases under the influence of the following main factors:
- unprotected sex;
- non-observance of basic rules of personal hygiene;
- urinary reflux in the bladder area.
- strong emotional shock.
- stagnation of blood in the pelvic area.
Causes of the disease
Acquired causes of prostate inflammation include:
- stenosis of the urethra. It leads to worsening of the outflow of urine and increased pressure in the urethra.
- injury to the perineum, which caused the appearance of a chronic inflammatory process.
- stones in the prostate;
- heavy physical work;
- the presence of a chronic inflammatory process in which the vessels of the prostate are affected.
Acute and chronic infectious pathologies
The inflammatory process in the prostate gland may be the result of another disease. These pathologies include: gonorrhea and urethritis. The following diseases can also cause the disease to develop:
- caries that has not been completely treated.
In the presence of an outbreak of acute or chronic infection, you must first eliminate the underlying cause of the disease: neutralize the activity of the infectious agent.
Congestive (congestive) prostatitis is often accompanied by damage to the testicular tissue. With this pathology, there is a violation of spermatogenesis, the process of synthesis of sex hormones is slowed down. With congestive prostatitis, erectile dysfunction often occurs.
The risk of chronic congestive prostatitis increases under the influence of the following factors:
- low physical activity;
- muscle weakness in the pelvic floor.
- prolonged abstinence from intimacy.
- intermittent sexual intercourse as a method of protection against unwanted pregnancy.
- frequent constipation;
- the presence of cancer;
- decreased vascular tone.
- the occurrence of complications after pelvic surgery.
- varicose veins of the pelvic veins.
Treatment of congestive prostatitis involves the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs eliminate the discomfort, reduce the swelling of the tissues.
If indicated, antiplatelet agents are used. These drugs improve the process of thinning the blood.
With congestive prostatitis, the introduction of mucopolysaccharide sulfate in the form of injections, the use of nicotinic acid is indicated.
Venotonics help increase the strength of the venous walls. Drugs from the group of alpha-blockers help to improve urine output. In some cases, with congestion in the prostate area, immunomodulators, muscle relaxants and sedatives are used.
An inactive lifestyle causes stagnant processes in the prostate tissues. Due to the passive hobby, the functions of the nervous and endocrine systems deteriorate. The risk of developing prostatitis increases in adverse environmental conditions.
With prolonged abstinence, stagnation of semen is observed. Pathogens can begin to multiply in it, which causes an inflammatory process in the prostate.
With prolonged abstinence, sexual desire weakens. Low sexual activity can also cause impotence.
Under the influence of low temperatures, the corresponding containers narrow. In this case, the blood supply to the prostate is disrupted, which leads to a deterioration in the nutrition of the organ.
To avoid hypothermia, you should follow simple recommendations:
- It is recommended to wear outerwear suitable for the season.
- it is necessary to avoid prolonged stay in the wind, in the immediate vicinity of the air conditioner.
Causes of prostatitis in men after 40 years
Inflammation of the prostate in young men develops under the influence of such causes:
- congestion in the pelvic area.
- the presence of hidden infectious diseases (chlamydia, trichomonas). With such pathologies, a slow inflammatory process occurs in the prostate tissues.
Causes of prostatitis in patients over 55 years
The disease after 55 years can occur under the influence of such factors:
- Androgen deficiency;
- the presence of pelvic floor muscle atrophy.
- weakened immunity due to chronic infections.
- slowing blood flow;
- disappearance of sexual function;
- weakening of the sphincters located in the area of the bladder.
One of the reasons for the development of prostatitis is that the patient is overweight. Due to the extra pounds, increased pressure is created in the area of the venous pelvic plexus.
Other causes of the disease
According to a psychosomatic expert (Louise Hay), a man's health depends on the psychological state of the stronger sex. According to this theory, the causes of prostatitis can be the following:
- feeling unable to control the main events of your life.
- internal experiences due to sexual failure.
- feeling guilty towards the partner.
The pathology is often diagnosed in older men who experience insecurity in their abilities.
To prevent the development of prostatitis at this stage of life, you must learn to think positively. A man should not focus on what depresses him.
Where does it hurt with prostate inflammation in men?
It's worth explaining where it hurts with advanced prostatitis. As the disease progresses, pain occurs in the following parts of the body:
- lower back?
- the anal area.
The pain that occurs with prostatitis in men depends on the following factors:
- stages of the disease;
- locating the site of inflammation.
With a long course of prostatitis, pain may occur in the area of the seminal vesicles and vesicles.
Pain in the legs
It is worth knowing what are the main symptoms of prostatitis, what hurts. When the prostate gland becomes inflamed, blood circulation is disrupted. This can cause pain in the lower extremities.
In some cases, bacterial prostatitis develops reactive arthritis. In this case, the pain does not occur in the muscles, but in the area of a tissue or joints.
One of the signs of the disease is pain in the perineum. It can spread to the penis, pubic cavity, testicles. Irritation of the testicles and inguinal folds occurs when the seminal vesicles are affected.
Unpleasant sensations of an articular nature in the testicles and prostate are observed in the presence of a purulent process. In this case, the course of the disease is complicated by a violation of the urinary process, severe weakness, fever.
Annoyance in the anus
The main cause of anal pain is that the prostate is next to the rectum. At the same time, the unpleasant sensations have a shooting character. The discomfort is aggravated by defecation.
Pain that occurs with inflammation of the prostate may be accompanied by constipation, flatulence.
Coccygeal pain is one of the symptoms of the disease. The discomfort is often accompanied by a sensation of a foreign body in the anus. Similar symptoms indicate a violation of body functions in chronic prostatitis.
Pain in the lower abdomen
As the disease progresses, the volume of the glandular tissue of the organ increases. Lower abdominal pain is often acute. In this case, the inflammatory process covered the bladder and rectum.
After the course of treatment, the swelling disappears. The prostate gland shrinks in size. As a result, the pain in the lower abdomen becomes less intense.
If you feel pain, you should have a full medical examination. Similar localization of pain is observed in diseases of the rectum, prostate cancer.
An analgesic and an antipyretic from the pyrazolone group are used to eliminate the discomfort. The tool helps relieve pain, has anti-inflammatory effect.
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has anesthetic properties. The tool helps to relax the smooth muscles. The drug has a calming effect on the nervous system. NSAIDs from the category of sulfonanilides are endowed with strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Effective folk remedies also help reduce pain:
- An infusion of burdock.It is necessary to pour 10 grams of pre-crushed plant roots with 200 ml of water. The product is cooked on low heat for 10 minutes. After that, the broth is injected for 30 minutes. Take 100 ml twice a day. The decoction is consumed 30 minutes before the meal. The average duration of the course is defined separately.
- Pumpkin seeds.Eat 1 tablespoon of vegetable seeds twice a day. Pumpkin seeds should be eaten 60 minutes before meals. The average duration of the course ranges from two to three months. Pumpkin seeds are distinguished by strong antiseptic properties.
Before using painkillers, you should consult a urologist. Appropriate agents can cause side effects.
Prostatitis, the psychosomatic nature of which is quite complex, can be prevented. This requires: moderate physical activity, balanced diet, abandonment of bad habits, regular sexual intercourse.